Sweet Valentine's Day Mantel

Hi friends! I cannot believe we are already half way through this week!  I know I've been doing a lot of posts on organization and getting things orderly lately.   I hope that they have been helping you as much as they have been helping me.   The donation pile is quickly growing at our home, which I have to admit, feels so good...with the exception that it's living in my formal room, the first room you see when you enter the house, so it's gotta go!  Soon!  
 
We have been super busy around the house.   Kids are switching beds, some getting bigger beds, and others handing down better mattress to others, and all kinds of furniture movement happening in our house.  However, I have managed to squeeze in a little bit of Valentine's Day mantel decorating and a few craft projects to go with it.  It's a little intimidating to show you my Valentine's mantel; there are so many beautiful decorations and mantels out there in blogland, but since this is my first year of really doing a mantel, I hope you like it.   I've always had the decorations, just never done anything with them.
 
But here she is!!!  
Isn't she cute?!
My daughter and I found this sign, so perfect, at Barnes and Noble, of all places.
How about these two little birds?   They are our little Love Birds, and I just love them.
This little picture was in my oldest son's nursery, umpteen years ago, and I fell upon it the other day and thought it was perfect for Valentine's Day.
I just love the mushrooms.  They were cute, pink, and 50% the clearance price!  Can't go wrong with that.  Plus, I can use them all the way into my Spring decorations.
This wreath, I made last year after I saw the idea here, from Emily @ Decor Chick.
The mailboxes, I got last year in the Dollar bin at Target, but this year they had the blue ones.  So I got them for the boys.  :)   I also found the candlesticks at Goodwill, last year, and just spray painted them and then glued them together.  I wanted them to be different heights and staggered a little bit.  Also, I think our friend, Mr. Elf of the Shelf, is going to come visit us once a month this year.  You know, to check in on the kids, and he might just be peeking out of one of these mailboxes.
The garland makes me smile.  I made the hearts, and the pom-poms and red boa were at Michael's and they were cheap, I think one was $1.99 and the other $2.99, but I had a 25% off my total order, thanks to my Michael's app on my phone, and got everything discounted instead of one item.  I just love it!
Sorry for the dark pictures.   The only time I get to craft is after work, and after the kids go to bed.  So night time it is.
 
Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?  What kinds of things do you do to celebrate the day of love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl!

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking