Shall We Ride?

It's been a really long time since I've posted. Sorry about that. Things have been different crazy. I've been studying for a license for my work, so all other activities are taking a back seat. I am craving a good crafting and project!  They will be coming.  Soon.  Very, very soon.

A couple of weekends ago we took off for a much needed mini vacation. At first I was really stressed about going on this mini getaway. It wasn’t a good time at my work to be gone, since it was tax time, nor at The Mister’s work, they seemed to have been short-handed. But that’s ultimately why we were taking this mini vacay. We were burnt out. We were stressed and we needed to regroup as a family.  The kids were picking up on the stress.  We were tense.  We needed to be “unplugged”. We needed to get away. We just needed...each other.

So where did we go? We went to our favorite place in this wonderfully beautiful state we call home. We headed east to Central Oregon. If you have never been there, I’m sorry, you are really missing out. If you have been there, then you will understand why we love it so much.

How would you like for THIS to be your view every morning when you wake up? It was ours for 4 whole days. I miss it already.

We packed up our home on wheels and we were going camping; dirt bike riding, sleeping in, s'mores, and playing with the kids. We were getting away. No electricity. No neighbors. Just the open air. A campfire. And our family.

Once we got on the road, it was as if the stress just lifted away. The tunes were playing, the kids were laughing and at this point I didn’t care where we were going; because I knew that we were together and we were going to have a great time.

We actually drove down a 'red dirt road', just like the country song, to get to our remote camping spot.

Seriously, isn't this beautiful?
We camped.
 
We played.
 
We rode.
Hotrod...the name fits the soul.   :)

Baby Girl isn't a rider...yet.   But she cruises with Daddy.

Bubba & Firecracker, both on new bikes to them...bigger bikes, and doing so good!
 
Even I got a little riding in (still a beginner)
 
 
This is my new favorite picture.  My very own "Biker Gang"


We practiced our jumps
 
We chilled out by the fire
 

We did s'mores.
We laughed.
We snuggled.
 
We woke up to several inches of snow.
We had a snowball fight
We relaxed.
We work hard ... so we played...HARD!
We loved every minute of it!
We can't wait to go again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking

Hey Girl!