When Life Gives You Lemons...

**My heart is breaking for those affected in Oklahoma right now, after that massive tornado from yesterday.  This is a terrible, horrific tragedy.  I can't even comprehend the suffering that these people are enduring right now. 
I pray that God will comfort the people in Oklahoma. They need all our love and support now.

If you want to help out, you can donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund,, or go to your local blood bank to donate blood.

  ... You make lemonade!!

Do you know what Georgia Romeo shoes are?  Well, let me tell you.  They are ONLY Bubba's favoritest shoes.  Ever!  We bought these shoes for him for Christmas....2011.  He has worn these shoes...every...single...day.
Any particular outfits?  Nope. 

Any particular events?  Nope.

Basketball shorts?  Check!

Swim Trunks?  Check!

Weddings?  Check!

Pajamas?  Check!

So, when we were camping this last weekend, I couldn't help but notice that after an hour of playing outside, he had come inside to "warm up" and his feet were completely soaking wet.  It had rained the night before, and he was playing in some tall grass with his little buddy, but it wasn't enough for his socks to be completely soaked, down to his bones.  I picked up his shoes and THIS is what I saw!
Can you believe that?  How long have his shoes been this way?  Has he been going to school with them like that?  Mother of the year here for not noticing. Shame.  Complete shame.

When I asked him if he had brought his brand new sneakers, of course the answer was "No".   

When I asked him if he had brought ANY extra shoes, of course the answer was "No."

I was frustrated, worried, and trying to figure out exactly how we were going to put shoes on him for the rest of the 2 days that we were there because I knew he wasn't going to be spending the weekend inside the trailer, and for sure he was not going to be out running around in holey-soled shoes.

And then, it was my BFF to the rescue!  On one of our last camping trips with her, I had cleaned out some shoes that were too small for my daughters and would fit her daughter eventually.  Luckily she still had those shoes in her trailer.

The catch?  They were white with a pink Nike swoosh.

This boy was NOT having it!   No way, no how, was he going to wear his sister's old pink shoes.  Nada!  He was spending the weekend in the trailer, and he was just fine with that, because pink was NOT his cup of tea!

And then out of nowhere, big sister to the rescue!!!   In no time at all he was outside, sporting some white shoes, with BLACK Nike swooshes.   She took a sharpie and color every sign of visible pink on the shoes.


It was great!  Once again Bubba was out having a blast with his pals.


Remember:  When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl!

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking