Favorite Foods Friday: Sweet & Sour Meatballs

**Sorry,this is up a day  late.  I spent the day with some important women in my life and was away from the computer yesterday.

WOW!   Friends, thank you so much for sharing my freezer meals post all over Facebook!    What a hit!  Obviously I'm not the only one who needs a little easy dinner prep in my life.  

Today I am going to share with you a HUGE hit with my family from this last week, and one of our freezer meals.  I'm not usually a big meatball fan, but let me tell you, this was hit with the kids and hubby...and I have to admit, I even liked it....a lot.

Slow Cooker: Sweet & Sour Meatballs 

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey  (Or,  like I did, 1 lb of each, your preference)
1 egg
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 (10 oz) jar sweet and sour sauce (I used La Choy brand)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 medium red bell pepper, cubed
1 medium green bell pepper, cubed
1 medium onion, cubed
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained

Directions:
I combined 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground turkey in a mixing bowl with the egg and the Worcestershire sauce.    Mix together until everything is combined.   Roll and form into meatballs.  
*You could use 2 lbs of frozen meatballs if you wanted to as well.  We purchase 1/2 a cow once a year, so we have a supply of beef at home and I like to make things from scratch as much as I can.

In a small mixing bowl coming the sweet & sour sauce, the brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic powder and stir until combined well.

Chopped up all the bell peppers and onions and set aside.

Lightly spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. 

Place ¼ of the vegetables in the bottom of the cooker, layer with meatballs, and layer with the remaining vegetables; and then pour the sauce all over the ingredients.
 
(In the slow cooker and ready to  be cooked)
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.


Serve over rice along with a side salad as main dish or serve with toothpicks as an appetizer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking

Hey Girl!