We are needing a work space...badly....

I have always dreamed of having a beautiful organized home office that would double as my craft room.  Something that I could be creative in.   Something organized.  Pretty boxes.  Place for everything and everything in its place.  Something like this...


(two twenty one)
However, my craft room is not big enough to double as a home office, which happens to be downstairs and we like to be able to monitor the kids' computer time as well as the websites that the kids get on.  For our family, it works best to have the computer in the family room.  Where everyone is at and there is nothing to hide.

I was looking for a command center work area.  Like this....
(source unknown)
However, we need more storage.  The desk we have is this from IKEA.  
(Galant - Right corner)
See, no storage.

To top it off, this desk is a magnet for clutter.  
A magnet for paper.

This is what I had started with.  No judging, people, no judging!

AWFUL!!!  Just absolutely AWFUL!!!

There is so much paper.  There are things that the kids just dump...everywhere.  While I was home this week,  I have made this my #1 project before I start my new job on Monday.

I can't WAIT to show you the end product and my vision coming together!  I have been busy the last 2 days making a complete overhaul of this corner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking

Hey Girl!