Organization: A Peek Into Our Dresser(s)

I saw this great little tip on Pinterest a while back.  A long while ago.   It was all about folding laundry and t-shirts, etc.  I didn't think much about it.  Actually I thought, "Maybe someday, I will get around to it." 
This weekend was that "someday".  This is a great tool!   Since I've been spending a lot of time organizing my son's room, I decided to try this out.  He had 2 very messy dresser drawers.  This is the draw back to the kids folding and putting away their own laundry.

He has so many shirts, it was crazy.  I went through every single one.  And of course, wouldn't you know it, there were plenty that were too small for him.  In fact, one of my best friends was over and was just visiting with me in his room as I was doing this, and every time I got a shirt (or shorts) that were too small, I just handed it over to her, since her boys are younger than mine, and they would fit her kiddos.  She lucked out.  :)
 
I then refolded every single shirt.  In these steps:
 
Step 1: Layout your shirt
Step 2: Fold in half lengthwise
 
 
Step 3: Fold sleeve under and then fold in half horizontally, so now it looks like a square.
 
 
Step 4: Fold in half again, horizontally
 
 
Step 5: Place upright in dresser.
 
 
All those shirts, 2 drawers worth, managed to it into 1 drawer!  Plus, he can see the pattern/print on the shirt, so when he is digging for his favorite shirt, he doesn't have to dig.  He can view it from the top. 
 
Another Pinterest secret that I just love.   If any of you know the original link, please let me know and I'll link up accordingly. 
 
 
How do you keep your drawers organized?  Do you fold your t-shirts?  Or do you hang them all up, like my hubby does?  Let me know if you try this way!!!  Would love to know if you love it as much as I do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking

Hey Girl!