Work Station Is Up And Running!

Happy Tuesday!  Don't forget today is tax day, and if you haven't already done so, don't forget to get your taxes filed and/or mailed in!

While I was home last week, one of my main goals was to get through the organizing of our desk area in the family room.   This is the #1 drop all zone for EVERYTHING under the sun, when it enters our house.   It is aggravating and embarrassing all at the same time.  All the bills, the kids school work, forms to sign, magazines, it all seems to land on my desk.

When I showed it to you last week, it looked like this:  (remember, no judging here)
After working on this area for the last few days, and adding a new shelf and gathering some storage essentials, this is what it looks like now:


I am LOVING this new arrangement and seriously, how about that shelf?!  I am so excited about that shelf!  It has opened up so much storage for us...much needed, I might add.  I love the new layout as well.  I have been able to work at the computer and not only listen to the kids playing in the backyard, but watch them.

I have no doubt that I will find some child doing their homework there when I get home from work, instead of at their own desks.
See this shelf?  (Tutorial tomorrow on it)  :)

The faux tree colored pencils were from Cost Plus World Market, it was love at first sight.
This is a just a really old, very cool, old  fashioned pencil sharper.  The kids love using it, and it came from The Mister's Grammie.

Because I love a good before and after, here you go!
  I still have a few things left to do.  I'm going to sand down and stain that filing cabinet in a dark walnut stain to make it more complete and match the furniture in this room.  Also, when we start our kitchen remodel we are going to repaint the walls and take down the cedar planks on that far wall.  We really want to brighten this room up.  It's the only room that we really get a decent amount of natural light in.  It's all afternoon sun too.  Which I love.What have you been working on?  Any special areas that are a thorn in your side that you've had the time to tackle?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

Hey Girl!

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking