I'm baaaaackk!

Hey, hey, hey guys!!!    I’m back!  I am ready to start sharing with ya’ll again the happenings and doing of our life.   Like any other family out there, we have been super, crazy busy the last few years. 
I originally started this blog to share the home updates that we had been doing to all of our family, who are scattered all over the USA.  So let’s take a super quick recap of the last few years and what has been happening in our home, some house updates but mostly family updates.  I will break down most of these moments in separate posts later…so stay tuned.
I got a new job in April of 2014.  It was a challenging beginning with a large learning curve and some interesting personality dynamics that I had never been exposed to before.; much less in the work place.  I stuck it out, needless to say, I’m thankful I did because it has been very rewarding.  (Not every day was I willing to do that).  I am proud to say that I have learned so much about the lighting industry, how to be a successful project manager, while gaining friendships with my customers.  I now find my job fun once again.  
Our oldest son graduated high school in June of 2015.  We had worked hard on building this amazing backyard patio, from pavers along with a fire pit and working on fencing our yard in preparation of having an outside barbecue with friends and family over to help celebrate our son and his hard work.  It was a great party and we are so blessed to have so many family and friends to help celebrate him.

During the time of celebrating our son, we were also struggling with my lovely Mother-In-Law and her health.  She was not doing well and my father-in-law couldn’t care of her alone.  We did a lot of running back and forth between work, kids and their activities, working on the yard, taking her to doctor appointments, admitting her to a rehabilitation home to help her with the mobility that she lost, and then helping care for her when she was released back to her home.  Unfortunately, in October of 2015 we lost an amazing women and Heaven gained an Amazing Angel.
(One of my favorites pictures of her with the kids - always made them giggle)
We decided in the spring of 2016 to get out of our rut of grieving  (Losing my Mother-In-Law was very hard, for all of us) so we worked on our main hallway/guest bathroom upstairs.  We made ourselves feel good about our home and  started to work updating it.  This bathroom was quite the transformation!  We just completed a few more finishing touches and I have plans for one more thing before I can share it with you all – but you will be amazed!
(Sneak Peak of the bathroom)
We also had a visit from my niece and her family in the Spring of 2016.  That was such a great trip!  They got to explore part of the Pacific Northwest that we never even thought about visiting.  Hiked trails we didn’t even know existed.  We really miss them so much!  They just added a new member to their family last month and I can hardly stand that they live on the other side of the USA from us. 
(Lava Tubes in Bend, Oregon)
(Saddle Mountain Hike)
Right after my niece left and early Summer of 2016, the hubby and I took a quick trip to Mexico!  It was just the getaway that we needed after such a rough 2015.  It was amazing and we met up with our east coast family to celebrate my sister’s wedding.  I can’t wait to share those pictures with you.
(This is us)
October of 2016 our oldest daughter received a horrible concussion during a soccer game.  Guys, concussions are no joke!  We are still, nearly a year later, dealing with the headaches and she has not been on the soccer field since.   I was really hoping to see her play alongside her sister as teammates this year, but her brain is more important than kicking a soccer ball. 

So far 2017 has been so amazing!  We have a lot of trips and vacations as a family and with our friends.  We have spent many weekends and our usual week long vacation at our Happy Place, The Lake…LBC…Lake Billy Chinook. 

I signed up and completed my first ever 15k and ran with our friend Ty.   It has put the bug in me to run more races, next up Half Marathon!!
(Not the most flattering picture - but I made it across that finish line!)
The Mister and I took a long weekend with our dear friends Chris & Denise and did a Harley motorcycle ride from Central Oregon down to Reno, Lake Tahoe, and Virginia City.  Ah-Maze-ing!!  Amazing trip!
(Lake Tahoe)
I started focusing on our nutrition and my fitness more this year.  I joined forces with Isagenix and love how I feel, every day.  I will go into details of that later- but it has been life changing for me and my digestive issues, along with my energy and overall health.

 Finally, our oldest daughter’s bedroom got a long overdue make over.  She was the only one that still had a room from her toddler stage.  It’s so grown up and beautiful; I just love it.  No more Barbie pink and green but hello a nice calm, deep blue and grey.
(Covering up the popcorn ceiling)
August of this year we did another trip on the Harley through the Olympic Peninsula, inspired to us from when my niece and her family came to visit in spring of 2016.  If you ever have a chance to go visit the Pacific Northwest’s Rain forest, I suggest you do.  You will be amazed at the beauty.  Our trip was so quick, I wish we have planned more time to enjoy the depth of its beauty.  We will be back.  That I can guarantee you!
(It was hazy this day due to the forest fires in Canada)
This last August, 2017, I turned the big 4-0!  The Mister outdid himself.  He planned not one, not two, but three surprises for me in one month.  It was an amazing month, to say the least.  I guess I need to start working on planning his for next year. 
 I found time to finally tackle my craft room and make it a place I enjoy working in instead of a room I run from.  I seriously cannot wait to craft in here.  Now, I just need to find time in the day....
(The changes in this room are HUGE)
Just last weekend, The Mister celebrated another birthday and the two of us got a quick getaway for one night to the beach.  We rode the Harley and had the best time and the best weather.  I just love dating my husband.  We came home to a nice birthday dinner surprise from our kiddos.   They made Daddy a surf & turf dinner, complete with steak, oysters, steamer clams, and more.  It was so good and hubby was super happy.


I may or may not have started another update to our family room that has sparked a domino effect with changing other areas of our family room, kitchen, and hallway area.
(Here is a before pano shot of this dark room)
Stay tuned for the after!

So there you have it.  A super quick update on where we have been and what we have been up to.  I will get all the posts up on these mini updates with more detail, soon!!  Very soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl!

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking