Run, Forrest, Run!

Please tell me I'm not dating myself and you all have seen Forrest Gump.  With all love aside, for I think may be a classic, tell me if I'm wrong; I'm sharing with you my love for running.  Yup.  Me.  Running.  Loving it.  LUUUVE it!  I used to be a self proclaim hater for running, and I've found myself saying that I'm not a runner, but the fact of the matter is...I AM!  I may not be the fastest by any means, I may not have perfect strides, there may be days that I'm walking more than I am running, I have painful days (lots of them) when my shin splints kick in, and there are days that I think I'm not in the mood but force myself to do it and I'm so happy that I have.


Last year, I did my very first 10k, along side my sweet friend "D" for the SHOC walk, in honor of my husband's two cousins who have since passed from ovarian cancer.  "D" was such a motivator, pusher, cheerleader, while being a great running partner.  


("D" and myself)

After that, I ran with one of my bestie's, my maid of honor and her baby sis, at her first 5k, in honor of some amazing women who have both survived breast cancer (our running partner, baby sis, is a survivor!) and who have passed from it.


(Baby-Sis "B", Maid-of-Honor "M", myself)

I am not sure what I love doing more...running, or running for a charity. 

I took a small hiatus during the holiday months, since it the weather wasn't exactly permitting any running conditions, got dark early, and busy with the holiday's, and quiet frankly, I was loving the holiday food too much to go running.  But I've been itching to run again.  I found I am more stressed when I am not running  However, I started back up again...yesterday.  I've decided to try to get in 1,000 miles for the year 2013 (avg. of 3 miles per day).  I use this app on my Android to log my miles, Run Keeper.   (Only 996.75 miles left to go)

There is one thing that I love more than running and need it to run...MUSIC.  I love my iPod.  I was raised with ALL kinds of music.   My play list is all over the board, but thought I'd share it with you anyway.  This is what I am currently running to.  WARNING: This has its fair share of 80's music, as I love the beats from the 80's, what can I say?  They keep a good pace.  I try to keep my rhythm going to a solid 10-11 minute mile.

I do a warm up of walking first, just to get my blood flowing and I like to do it for about a quarter of the first song.

Michael Jackson - Thriller
Britney Spears - Till the World Ends
Carrie Underwood - Good Girl
Kenny Loggins - Footloose (first fast paced song with just the beat)
Glee - Halo/Walking On Sunshine
Rihanna/Britney Spears - S & M
Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Flashdance - Maniac (this is a fantastic beat/pace for 5.0 for the next 4 mins.)
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Nickelback - Next Contestant
Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks
Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number (go ahead, laugh, but fast beat- pace is about 6.5 for 4:49 mins.)
The Killers - When You Were Young
Black Eyed Peas - One Tribe
Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
Adam Lambert - If I Had You
Hilary Duff - Reach Out
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Justin Timberlake - My Love (great cool down/stretching song)

All in all, this is a little over an hour run, so for me, about 4-5, sometimes 6 miles.

What are some of your favorite songs to run to?  Do you run?  Who's loving it?  Who's hating it?  What is your cardio workout?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking

Hey Girl!