Slow Cooker: Lazy Day Beef Stew

Slow Cooker: Lazy Day Beef Stew

This week is exceptionally busy for us, so I needed more crock pot meals than ever.  I do love my crock pot... a lot.  However, I am always looking for some new and fun recipes to use in it.  I found this recipe here and what I loved most about it, was that it actually called for you to make TWO meals!   I am a HUGE fan of freezer meals.  So, of course, one is in the pot cooking away right now, and the other is already in the freezer and ready to go for the next time.  I did add a few things to this recipe as well.
It is so simple to just chop up your veggies and make an extra meal at the same time and save it in the freezer.  I will be doing this from now on with my all crock pot meals, just double up, so that I always have some on stand by for those days that I have nothing planned. 

4 lb Cubed Stewing Beef
4 cups Baby Red Potatoes
10 oz package Dried Lima Beans
4 tsp quick Cooking Tapioca
Salt and Pepper
15 oz can Tomato Sauce
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
4 cups Baby Carrots
2 Onions
2 cups Celery
1 clove of minced garlic
1/4 c of water
1/4 c of red wine (if you don't have the wine, no biggie, just add a little bit more water


 

Beef stew is one of those meals that you can add pretty much anything to it, and you can't go wrong.
 
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking

Hey Girl!