Easter 2013 Celebrations

Easter and Christmas are the two holiday's that really, truly make me slow down and realize just how truly blessed I am.  Don't get me wrong, I know that I am blessed.  I have a husband who loves me unconditionally and is my best friend (who gets to live with their best friend every day?  I do!), four of the most amazing, kind, smart, beautiful children I know (I might be biased but I don't think so). 
We both have good jobs, are able to provide for our family and even though we both work, we spend so much quality time with our kids and each other; always making memories.  I am always reminded just how lucky I am and how blessed our little big family is.  I will let the pictures do the talking.
 
The kids had a good time...as always, with the dying of the eggs.   
 
It's always fun to see them be creative with their egg creations. 
I adore these two boys and just love how Bubba is looking up at his big brother.
 
My little clown.  :) 
 
 My goofy group!  Love them! 
 
 I of course had to do a Ombre egg, in my favorite color...blue.
 
The kids' baskets didn't have a special theme to them at all.  The boys needed swim trunks for the summer and the girls didn't really need much more than a few items.  In fact, I had over bought at Christmas time for one of the girls, so she has had her basket ready to go for 3 months now.    :)  
We didn't do much candy, just a teeny bit, because that is something we are phasing out of our lives and quiet honestly, they just don't need to have any. 
 
 
 
 
This Easter, The Mister was "on-call" again for work, so we actually had the festivities at our house, so that he could join us (he ended up having to leave for a call, so he missed the kids and their egg hunt). We really lucked out with the weather. Can you say, sundress and flip flops? Yup, we had 70 degree weather. It was spectacular.  Sorry, I don't have any egg hunt pictures...too busy watching the kids get eggs.


All in all, it was a fantastic holiday.  Family + Food + Kids + Good times = Priceless



Would love to hear about your Easter?  How was it?  What are some of your family traditions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl!

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking