Favorite Foods Friday: Balsamic Chicken & Peppers

Hello, hello!  Happy Friiiiday!   It's Super Bowl this weekend, are you doing anything fun?  It's also the first in a new series for me....Favorite Foods Friday!  I love food.  I love making new foods.  I love to share recipes and ideas.  Dinners, treats, snacks, I love it all.   So what better way, then to share the foods that we are making, trying, and loving, then right here on the blog!  I wish I had a fun Super Bowl food to share with you, but the truth is, we aren't football people.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that I will be sewing or watching a movie with the kids, while the hubby and some buddies go dirt bike riding.

Lately, The Mister and I have been incorporating more chicken into our diet. We are upping our protein and what better way to do it than with chicken, right? (And fish and red meat, we've got it all covered)
However, I am bored of chicken right now.  Straight up b-o-r-e-d of it.  I decided to try and spice it up in the kitchen the other night.  Try something out of the ordinary, working with the spices and sauces I had on hand.   I had a few boneless skinless chicken breasts leftover in the fridge and needed to use them before they went south.   I am terrible at cooking skinless chicken.  Just terrible, but this...this was da bomb!   Like, can I have 3rd's da bomb!
Now, I didn't really measure out the ingredients, I just kinda, threw in a little of this and a little of that, but if I had to guess, this would be the amounts I used.

Ingredients:

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
(3-4 T) olive oil
(1) Red bell pepper
(1) Green bell pepper
(1) medium yellow onion
(3) cloves of Garlic
(3T) Balsamic vinegar
(1/4 tsp) Basil
(1/4 tsp) Thyme

Step 1:  Season the chicken with the salt and pepper on both sides.   In a large frying pan or electric skillet (which I used), add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan; warm it.   Then add the chicken and cook until a nice golden brown on both sides, over medium heat.

Step 2:  While the chicken is browning, slice the peppers into strips and the onions into thin strips.

Step 3:   Transfer chicken to a plate.

Step 4:  Saute the peppers, onions and garlic cloves in the another 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Step 5:  Add the vinegar and the basil and thyme to the pan and stir around while browning it.  Add the chicken and any juices from the plate into the pan with the peppers, onions, and garlic mixture.  Cook on medium for another 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is opaque throughout.

I served with a side of french green beans, because some of my kiddos won't eat the peppers and onions. We also served with some warm dinner rolls.
One day I'll be a better food photographer.  Until then, I'll keep playing with the camera

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!   If you cook your chicken like this, I'd love to hear your feedback!

Have a great weekend and stay safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl!

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking