Making A Comeback

Guess who's back, back again....Katie's back, tell your friends, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back......(please tell me you sung that in the tune of Slim Shady)

It's been a hot minute since I've jumped on this ol' platform and shared a little about our lives.   I can go with the whole "life has been so crazy busy" which isn't a lie, but who's life isn't crazy busy?!  Right?  We all have our own kind of crazy busy happening in our lives.

Let me get you caught up over here with both life and this little home of ours.

Kids are....big.  They've grown a ton.  We have two that have officially graduated from high school now.   One has gone on to start her college career at a local community college in the dental field.  Our oldest is working full time and thinking about heading back to school to work on furthering his education in the field that he's desired for a while and his employer is offering to help with this education.  

Our third is a junior now and she's excelling so well in school and keeping her head held high with sports and work.  She has been joined at the school by her little brother.  So we have two high-schoolers and almost two college kiddos.

Hubby is doing really well at work.  Keeps working his way up the ladder.  He's really respected and trusted at work.  This didn't come easy for him.  He had to work hard to gain the trust of his day and night crews and they had to earn his trust as well.  


I, on the other hand, am currently a stay-at-home momma.  It's all I've ever dreamed about being.  I am looking for work but have to trust that the Lord knows what He has planned for me, for us, and the perfect job will come along again.   I wasn't upset about the layoff.  This was truly a blessing in disguise and I couldn't have been happier about it.   I've been able to accomplish a lot of projects around the house.  Start even more.  The Mister is super thrilled about those, as I'm sure you can imagine.

We started a pretty massive project on our home.   One I have been dreaming about for 15 years.  This is 15 years of dreaming and revamping and Pinterest pinning in the making.   

What you need to know about our home is, it's a If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...home.   Meaning, one project inevitably starts a domino effect and rolls into another project.   So one room may get updated or made over but then that leaves the remaining rooms less than adequate because they all connect to each other.   So the next few posts are going to be all about our KITCHEN MAKEOVER!!!!! Which has resulted into an entire UPSTAIRS MAKEOVER!!!! (Yes I'm screaming!   Yes I'm excited!   Yes I'm loving it all and I hope you do too).

Stick around....more to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Girl!

I Needed To Find My Purpose

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking