How I Turned A Stair Into A Shelf

Yesterday, I shared with you the before and after of our work area in our family room.  Today, I'm going to show you the super easy, way I built a new shelf for our desk area.  I went to the Home Depot and bought an oak stair tread and two wood corbels.
I had a coupon for a free samples of paint from Lowe's.  I have been collecting these coupons and getting different color samples each time I go in.  It's great for the little projects that I've been working on.
I painted everything with the satin, Du Jour, color.  I was able to get about 2 coats out of one of those small samples.
Measured it out on the wall, and made sure that it was level.  I also anchored it down with 4 screws on the to of the shelf into the corbel.  (Sorry, I missed getting a photo of that)  I basically anchored each corner down.




I then, sat back and admired my handy work.   This was once again, a project that was done while The Mister was at work.  Needless to say, he was quite impressed when he came home to see that I turned a stair into a shelf and that the entire desk area was organized.
See, we had a deal, I would organize the desk area, and then he would hang the new white door in Baby-Girl's room.  After that's done, I'll be able to give you the full room reveal.  :)

Back to the shelf supplies, I had purchased these items, months ago, I'm guessing about 7-8 months ago with this idea in mind. 

Supplies Needed:

Red Oak Stair Tread: $21.98 (I believe)
2 Corbels: $4.98
Paint: FREE

Total Cost: $26.96

What have you been organizing lately?  Taking anything from its original use and turning it into something new?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Needed To Find My Purpose

Hey Girl!

ORC: Week One - Built-Ins & Overthinking